Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Model Rf26hfendsr/aa Brand new fridge not cooling. Checked

Customer Question

Model Rf26hfendsr/aa Brand new fridge not cooling. Checked pressure at compressor and found its pulling a vacuum. Charged with 134a and compressor started to get very hot. Spotted oil leaking out of the brazed connection at the compressor. Oil has been
leaking out and it has a yellow tint but I'm not sure how much oil has been lost. Im thinking about fixing the brazed joint and vacuuming down to 500 microns. Do you think I should change out the filter dryer? Do you think this thing is worth repairing? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you charged it and it gets hot and still does not cool, there is other trouble than just the poor connection at the compressor. I would certainly recommend replacing the filter drier and check to be sure that the vacuum can be drawn through the capillary tube as you may have a restriction. If the vacuum will draw through that cap tube, I would vacuum it down good and recharge and see what happens. If it is new, it is most likely worth repairing if you got it for nothing. Of course, if it is still under warranty, you will void any warranty if you repair it yourself.