Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Er 1f error message on Kenmore Elite Refrigerator...reset

Customer Question

Er 1f error message on Kenmore Elite Refrigerator...reset code before but forgot what control buttons to push to do this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The Er If error means there is an issue with the fan used to cool the ice maker section. Often times, the problem is connection related or there may be frost built up that has impeded the ability of the fan to turn. There is not really a reset beyond unplugging the refrigerator for a bit (at least 15 minutes) to reset the electronics. However, if the error returns, you will need to address the issue with that fan.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are control buttons on the front panel to reset this error...I used it previously but can't remember which buttons I used
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sears Kenmore Elite bottom drawer refrigerator. I know it is the ice fan giving the error, I got that information on google. Previously I was given a sequence to push on the control panel to reset the error. This worked for several months...I can't remember the sequence.

Do you have the model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
795.72052.111

Push Express Freezing
Key and LOCK KEY at the
same time for 3 seconds

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The keys on my panel are: Energy Saver, Light, Door Alarm, Freezer Temp, Refrigerator Temp, Air Filter, Water Filter Reset, Ice select, Water

one minute please

Almost there waiting for the manual to finish

It shows there should be a Ultra Ice and Freezer button those you would press at the same time for 3-5 seconds...If not can you pull the unit out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says Ultra Ice (hold 3 sec) under the Ice Select button. I can try that and the Freezer Temp buttons?

The instructions just say Freezer Temp button so should be just one button

Otherwise just pull the unit out and remove the small cover on the backside exposing the board and press the small black reset switch on the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just unplugged/plugged back in the refrigerator about an hour ago to reset the error message. I will wait until error appears again (should be soon) to try your suggestion. Will let you know. Thank you.

Ok no problem all I ask is please use the star rating link to rate my service thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem is not resolved... still getting error message. I put $5 down on good faith but was just charged another $25 and was told no charges until problem was solved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I am not credited my money back there will be a negative rating for your site