Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am 83 years old. I have a front loading Maytag washer, I

Customer Question

I am 83 years old. I have a front loading Maytag washer, I dashed a load, and the door would not open. This machine is a compact, and is used in stacks. I tell you my age as I am unable to go scurrying on the floor looking for numbrs, etc. I have put machine through more cycles, but the door remains locked.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the water may not have drained all the way at the end of the last cycle. If the pressure switch detects water in the tub, it will not allow the door to open. If that is the case, you will need to call for service because the machine will need to be moved for access to the pump for cleaning and/or replacement.