Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I haved a GB9FHDXWSO4, S# K11426965 whirlpool unit -i have a

Customer Question

i haved a GB9FHDXWSO4, S# ***** whirlpool unit -i have a design 1 temperature control. question #1 does this unit have a defrost timer. question#2 unit stops running. check controller both freezer and refrigerator shows ( - ). both setting were on 4. watched freezer number drops and both sides go to ( - ). wait 1 hour unit still off and inside temp at 50 degrees.reset manually unit runs. what do you recommend.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

That unit does not have a defrost timer and the control is the whole thing on that unit, when the - appears in the display the controller is bad. Here is a link to a new one, it comes with instructions and is easy to install...CLICK HERE

There is nothing you can do to get it running when that happens FYI

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks