Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a New GE washer that is not draining or any thing. It

Customer Question

Hello, I have a New GE washer that is not draining or any thing. It started with just beeping, but it did drain but pumb did not stop running. the whole time it was beeping. I changed out the lid switch. Not it does nothing but beeps once and the light blinks. there is no code light on the motor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Is this a brand new unit under warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

Ok great, can you take the front panel off the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done

OK what pattern is the LED light flashing on the top of the motor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I stated in my opening question. There is no light

Ok if there is no light on the motor at all the inverter board is bad on the motor. Nothing else causes this issue. Replace the motor.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks