Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My more elite microwave has no power and I already tried

Customer Question

My ken more elite microwave has no power and I already tried changing the fuses and the outlet is good
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

I take it you meant the internal microwave fuse you tried changing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 250v fuses

The bus fuses in the microwave?, do you have the unit apart?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not have it apart. The small ceramic fuses have a compartment in the front behind the grill

Ok great, have you tested for 120 volts there to the unit, if you have that there and the fuses are good then does the interior light at least come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
120 is good and no interior light on in the unit.

OK if you have no interior light you may have a bad filter board where the fuses are, the backside may be burned or it may be bad as the light would be on otherwise.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that something that can be easily changed? What about the thermostat or any other fuses?
  • I am not seeing any other fuses on your unit and this part does fail often..You can change it out if you can get to it...CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I narrow it down to this or should I worry about the switches also?

No this is a power issue not a switch issue. Just get the filter board and replace it.