MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a GE Profile refrigerator/freezer and cannot open the

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile refrigerator/freezer and cannot open the ice drawer. The latch still works and I can open it slightly but it appears to be hung up on something inside the drawer. How can I get it open and do you have any ideas what it might be hanging it up?
Thankyou, KE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Are you positive that there is no ice in there? Turning off the icemaker does NOT turn off the cold air flow in that ice room.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

IF there is ice there it will hang the bucket up. Turn the fridge off and let it melt or use heat to do it. I can explain what else to check after you get it out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no ice in there! I did all that turning it off and trying to melt any ice with a blow dryer over a year ago. I can see inside and there is no ice. But there IS a "bucket" that appears displaced and stuck. Is there any way I can get the front of the drawer off to access the interior of the ice drawer?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

No, there is no way to get that off from the front side without breaking it apart.