Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Refrigerator PBF2253HEW S/N 10353784GA (with ice

Customer Question

I have a Refrigerator PBF2253HEW S/N 10353784GA (with ice maker that I unplugged and removed, to make more freezer space) and have used since purchase in 2005. Over the years, power line failures during storms have caused the frig to indicate dashes and quit, but pilling the plug and putting it back restored proper operation. 5 weeks ago, the freezer froze up the evaporator and went to -25 degrees, while the upper cabinet went warm, from lack of cold air from the iced up condition. I shut down and manually defrosted (removed evaporator cover) and restarted, and the whole system appeared to return to normal operation...for 4 weeks. 10 days later, it froze up, again. I defrosted. Two days later, It froze up again. I uncovered the evaporator again and then defrosted and then checked the defrost element and it measured 30 ohms (OK), but I noticed that the compressor NEVER stops, even when I set either temp control lower than"1" to double dashes, which is apparently "OFF." Only pulling the power plug (it is hard to reach, so I pull a circuit breaker) makes the compressor stop...even when temperatures seem to be holding normally...continuous compressor causes uncontrollable freeze up. Does this mean I need to replace the P/N 12002339 JAZZ CIRCUIT BOARD? And if so, can I buy one on line, and how? I accessed a parts catalog on line, but how do I get to see a Service Manual?
Charles May e-mail =***@******.***.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That would indeed indicate a faulty control, available below.

CLICK HERE