Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have kenmore elite smooth top after press wrong button it

Customer Question

Hi I have kenmore elite smooth top after press wrong button it say F20 code the over is still working but the top stove control don't respond
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, what is the model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** I have a technician coming over at 4:00 pm so hopefully u can give me the answer before so I can cancel him before he charge me to come over . Thank you

That's very odd. Have you tried pressing all the buttons one at a time. It sounds like one is possibly stuck? If not, try cleaning the ribbon cable where it plugs in to the board use an eraser. Lightly brush the end that plugs into the board. If that does not fix it, the touch pad sounds like it's shorted out.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you