Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Have a quick question....I have an older whirlpool washer

Customer Question

Have a quick question....I have an older whirlpool washer Model# ***** It has slowly been and now stopped any and all final spin / extract. Washes and rinses fine, will not extract. Checked out the hood switch ohm'd / checked continuity, all is fine. Def not switch... If I jump it out I can open the hood, give the drum a helping hand and it will go into ectract (but its slow and def not spinning as it should). Where its spinning and engages (somewhat with help) I'm leaning towards the motor. I would like to amp the motor, but what is the amp rating when its connected to the gear assembly and basket or is what is marked on the motor for amperage with or without that load on it? Would you agree its the motor failing? Thanks for your time
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

You have a clutch that is slipping .

Here is a link to the part.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Clutch/285785/2670?ss=-x323835373835&mr=0?rcaid=1000070

the link also has a video on replacing the part if you are not familiar with the repair

If you have any questions just reply back.

Do you have any more questions for me today?

If not , Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.