Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My ge regrigerator is beeping 3 times every minute

Customer Question

my ge regrigerator is beeping 3 times every minute
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Z1SB420DMD - sounds like it's coming from below or behind?

What is on the temp display and is anything flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave the complete model # ***** the unit
1F - freezer 36F - refrigerator

There is nothing down below behind the unit and the only thing that could be beeping on the unit would be the main board above by the compressor. Are you certain the noise is coming from the unit? If there was an alarm there would be something showing on the display. If it were another alarm it would beep all the time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's beeping every 3 minutes? could it be the replacement of the water filter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 times every 1 minute

It may be the door alarm can you check and make sure the lights go off when closing both doors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the light does go out and it is a built in fridge and the beeps are sounding from underneath

There is nothing under that unit that can beep, the boards are above and the dispenser board is in the front maybe it's a toy? or something else completely?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for your help! no toys in this house....

It may be something else completely if you think it is coming from underneath. No errors on the display and the beeping really do indicate to me that it is not coming from the unit.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks