kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer smartheat quiet pak 9. I am

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer smartheat quiet pak 9. I am getting a F01 error. I have tried unplugging the dryer with no response. Is that a bad CCU? If so what is the part #?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. Firstly, could you open the door and locate the model number for me. Secondly, when you unplug it then plug it in do you hear a click noise coming from the top of the machine? If youre not sure, take off the top panel (2-3 screws located at the rear of the top panel) and get a better listen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear a click. Mod 110-97721700
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I would first turn off the breaker or unplug the dryer for about 5-10 minutes and try again. If that doesn't work, F01 typically indicates an issue with the CCU or main power board which can be found here, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b6p8/Kenmore-Dryer-Main-Control-Board/W10141671/1451295?modelNumber=110.97721700&ss=a8b6c13d938539&mr=1

Replacing it is pretty simple, just match up wires and its basically plug and play. Before you order any part, while the machine is unplugged check all connections are firmly in place with the CCU.