Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have the same error message. I'm going to read through

Customer Question

I have the same error message. I'm going to read through your past answer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

What error code are you getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi there. The Bosch dishwasher says "water tap"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if you saw my earlier notes when I first called in. There was a clogged drain in a second sink in the kitchen, which I cleared (more or less) and the dishwasher began running again, almost through a full cycle; then I got the message again and it stopped. I have not cleared any filters on my Bosch since getting it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still with me?

That means it is not getting water, do you have water to the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unless something happened that I'm not aware of. What would cause the machine to think it wasn't getting water? I've been using it all along. A blockage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry if I sound impatient, but are you helping others while you help me? I'm standing at the computer unable to do anything else. I also have my daughter standing by to help.

OK no problem did you shut the water off to the unit for some reason.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

Ok have you tried to unplug the unit for a minute to see if the water tap clears?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've turned it off, but haven't unplugged it. I don't think I can reach the plug, it's behind the dishwasher I think. I could switch off the braker, but that might take out my computer too since I'm in the kitchen. How would this clear the water situation?

That would reset the control board. Does the pump run or anything on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been working fine, but when I turn on the unit to select a wash cycle, the error message comes on right away, "water tap" and the machine won't start the cycle. I can try the breaker, but if I lose you, can you come back on? Or do you want me to check the water hose for kinks or something...I don't know where to look or identify the water hose. I thought I saw an earlier post on your site from another technician that mentioned a blocked filter?

The water tap icon can mean a couple things, either you have no water or the water valve is bad, nothing else causes that issue...not the pump. You can get back to me anytime right here.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what steps should I take

See if your water supply is good, if so remove the top of the unit and replace the water valve on it. I would still shut power down to the unit to reset it though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm going to turn off the breaker and see if something happens. stay tuned. you didn't answer my question about the filter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i turned off the breaker and turned it back on and the water tap message still appears

Is the unit full of water also you have listed this as a washer then posted a dishwasher in the question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a bosch dishwasher

Ok the water tap can also mean you have a leak under the unit into the flood basin. Can you remove the machine from the cabinet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try

OK get it out and remove the left metal side cover and check the flood basin for water, let me know when you have that out and removed.

If you would like a phone call I can submit an offer for that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled out the machine but it is wrapped with insulation. I don't know where the left cover is, or what I should look for

What is the complete model off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I access the left side cover from the side or the top
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
silenceplus 44dBA

i need the complete model off the unit tag that is just a general series

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you're going to have to be much more specific with me. I don't see a unit tag; where would it be? I have the manual, but it also just refers to a generic bosch

Let me see if someone else can assist

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
try this:(###) ###-#### or EPG 60653 or AI0203 or 28.11.14

No that is not it it is on the door frame, I got a lot of customers to get to and this I think is going to take long based on your skill level. Let me see if another tech has more time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you finding someone?

There are few techs on right now that is why I am busy, no one has picked this up yet.

I will try until someone comes if you would like, or if you want to pay more for a phone call then you get priority

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since you were unable to help me, and said I would need to speak to someone else, I'd like to reverse the charges on my debit card. I'm not angry, just was unable to get help. I'll just try some other service.

ok no problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me how to do that? Or will you take care of it on your end? Thanks for being understanding