Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Appliance Tech, I have a Maytag Gemini Precision Touch 750

Customer Question

Hi Appliance Tech, I have a Maytag Gemini Precision Touch 750 Series Model MER6755AAB24 and both oven lights will not turn off. I have done the cancel Sabath mode, unplugged, cut power from breaker and the light still stays on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Sounds as if one of the oven light switches has failed ,do you have a volt -ohm meter to be able to do any testing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no is this a costly purchase or difficult to replace?

A meter can be purchased at any hardware store for less then $20.00 and if you have a harbor Freight store they are some times under $5.00

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my apologies, if it is the oven light switch (this is a touch pad panel) is this part difficult or costly to replace? So a faulty oven light switch will keep the light on?

I`m showing that the door switches are less then $50.00 to be exact $49.75 is what is shown for each of the two door switches.

and yes if the door switch is bad it would tell the control board that the door is open ,so the interior light would be on