Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

My GE Adora side-by-side refrigerator is not depensing ice

Customer Question

My GE Adora side-by-side refrigerator is not depensing ice and the display is not showing anything and making a ckicking sound
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. THe display youre takling about, is that the display inside the refrigerator where you set the temperatures or is it the dispenser display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the display in front on the freezer door. It's clicking and not displaying anything
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a volt ohm meter and know how to use it ?

Pull the fridge out and on the back there is a metal cover about 10 inches by 8 inches . Remove it . You'll see the main control board . Find the J4 connector - it has a black , red, and blue wires going to it . First measure , with the meter set to read DC volts , measure from the red to blue wires and see if you read 12 volts DC. If you don't , remove the connector and measure again on the pins where the blue and red wires were attached - J4-3 to J4-2. If you read 12 volts DC in either of these instances then the display board is defective , If you don't read the voltage in either instance then this main control board is bad