Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Barry, I am a 26 year certified appliance tech. I have a

Customer Question

Hi Barry, I am a 26 year certified appliance tech. I have a bottom mount ge Mod# ***** Ser# ***** It frosted up evaporator so I replaced thermistor defrost tstat and wr55x10942. I just got called back as it is doing it again. I saw as usual to cut pin 2 on J 1 connector if ser# ***** ***** MF2 mine is an MF0. Is this the same practice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Did you put a new board in it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stated that.

Can you take a pic of what you are seeing and upload it here take a couple so I can see what you are seeing. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to get an answer 3 times from you in many forms of information and I was told I'd only be charged $5 however I have been charged $23 already with no answer !!! I have installed the damn board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I won't call for more$

I have no idea what you have seen on your end as far as cost.....I am just a tech on here. If you can just upload some pics of what you are seeing so I can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm here!

Yes can you upload photos of what you are seeing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I need to know that the instruction sheet stating all bottom mount GE refrigerators as the Model I gave you with serial # ***** starting with MF2 has to have pin connector 1 cut ant pin# ***** My serial# ***** ***** does that include mine also as the number is ***** a numerical2 but a 0 after the MF???

Hey for some reason you have received the wrong posts.....try a phone call again and I will Accept it....The system is screwy today!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried it again...my phone# *****(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Th question is simple. I've installed wr55x10942
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry Barry, I asked this 2 days ago and am still awaiting an answer? Are you able or unable to answer my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I've got more work to do. send me an email asap. I have a customer waiting for my answer from eith you or I call someone else. You state 26 years in the business as a GURU.

It keeps saying the payment failed for the phone call.

I am calling you