Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a double oven dacor the panel reads u50 latch/door

Customer Question

Hello. We have a double oven dacor the panel reads u50 latch/door the temp won't go above 84 degrees. Last use was Sunday worked fine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

That means the following

U50 LATCH / DOOR
Latch lock failure:

80 seconds of after a lock command is sent and no closure of the lock switch is detected.
Door not closed properly or alignment off to not activate lock switch when closed.
Motor is not powered or is jammed.

You typically would need to replace the latch mechanism on the unit or check the wiring and switches on the latch mechanism. I often find just dirty or loose wires to the latch switches causing this issue. You can remove the trim and get right at it to check the wiring and the latch out to see if that is just the issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks