Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Man! Just checking on how to clear the filter in my LG

Customer Question

Hey man! Just checking on how to clear the filter in my LG LDF6920ST. I'm getting the OE code, so i figure it's most likely the filter.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

The drain line may be plugged up on the unit. You should check and clear the siphon gap next to your sink if you have one. That is typically where most dishwashers drain to and often get clogged. Otherwise here is a video to assist in cleaning the filter area.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see a drain line, unless it is the smallish hose which feeds into the top of the disposal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that link shows a different set up than mine; mine does not have that removable filter (I already saw this).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought about disconnecting this line and running it into a bucket, but i thought first I might take the floor assembly of the DW apart. How might one do this? The rotating washer arm does not seem to lift off.

OK do this remove the drain line where it connects under your sink and see if it drains when you press cancel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive had this code a few times. I've just canceled and run it over from start, which seems to work. However there was a little water remaining in the bottom at the end of a successful cycle. So I disconnected the drain hose (at the disposal) and ran "cancel, like you said. And it does drain into my little bucket.

Ok where is the drain line connected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since the problem is intermittent, I wonder if maybe the pump could be bad. I got her in May of 2012.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about taking the floor assembly apart to have a look?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drain line was attached to the top of the disposal.

I would check under the unit see if the line is pinched or something may be in the drain tube flipping up causing a blockage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pull off the toe kick? I read somewhere that this model is unable to access without pulling it out.

You would need to slide the unit out it check it as the under side is not readily accessible, there is a port hole under it, but you need it out to see that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isn't it unlikely to develop a kink after 3 years?
I did pull the toe kick off, but can't see anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which is why I'm curious about going in from the inside
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not going to pull it out tonight.

I saw one that was in for 5 years and the line got pinched under it and over time just crushed it to the point it would not always pump out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm hanging it up for tonight. Tell me how to disassemble and check from the other end and I'll take a run at it tomorrow.Thanks.

Ok let me send you a link...give me just a bit I am switchin out computers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm ready for that link now.

Check and see if the M086 microswitches are good at this link they may be causing your whole issue. If they are good you will need a new PCB board

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I don't understand how to check the switches you refer to. The link you sent seems to be a blowup parts diagram, which is nice, but I still don't see how to disassemble the floor/filter assembly. Other than that I think I need to just call a local repairman.

For the OE code it is common for the microswitch on the float assembly to cause that issue, remove the unit and get at the left side overflow float assembly with the two microswitches on it and check them.

CLICK HERE M086 SWITCHES

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah, I see it now. Thanks. ***** have to pull it I'll hire somebody. Any thoughts on clearing the line without yanking the device?

The switches are the issue they may just be stuck or bad they do stick often, pull it out to get at them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks.

No problem all I ask is please use the star rating link on your page before leaving.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how many times did I ask you for instructions on accessing the drain?

I guess now you will say you figured it out on your own without assistance correct? Then say something smart about asking for accessing the drain line, followed by a why should I rate you good? Well my friend I should have been a psychic, so I am opting out..Take Care!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WOW.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am disappointed with your service. The main thing I was seeking, and about which I inquired several times, was instruction on accessing the drain internally. I also indicated that I didn't want to pull the device out, preferring to hire someone for that. I found your responses to be cursory and not to the point, except for checking the drain function, which was relevant. Instead of answering my question you sent me a parts blowup (twice). I have no intention of claiming I "figured it out on my own, without assistance", and I find your remark above unnecessarily snarky.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been corresponding in good faith from the start, even though I did not realize initially that this is a paid service.