Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My maytag neptune front loader was making noises and had a

Customer Question

my maytag neptune front loader was making noises and had a little water in the back right corner. I paused it and opened the door mid-cycle. I'd now like to get it to drain out the water but it won't restart.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Does anything work on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power is working to the unit (lights go on etc.) but I can't get it to start again. I just tried unplugging it again for a longer while as I read online that might make a difference and allow it to reset. It does have water in it as well as about 2/3 of the load of clothes.

OK what this sounds like is the pump is either jammed or bad. You need to pull the unit out and remove the back access panel on the unit...can you do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me check w my husband.

OK sounds good!