Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

My Kenmore microwave won't stop running unless I close the

Customer Question

My Kenmore microwave won't stop running unless I close the door. No heating just like it was on. This has been going on for 2 weeks off & on. Now it won't stop with the door closed and no buttons work. I had to unplug it to stop it.
It is wall unit. Model # ***** Serial # *****
Hope you can help-thanks
P. Furtwengler
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Either one of your 3 door switches has failed, or the display control board has a shorted relay. You need to test the 3 door switches and if one of them is bad, replace it. Otherwise you need a new display control board.

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what 3 door switches are and in other words you are just telling me to call Sears. That was what I was going to do before I saw your website so I'm back to where I started 2 hours ago. Thanks-not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOT SATISFIED. Don't charge me anything!
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

They will tell you the same thing. You will need to do the repair I mentioned or not have a working microwave. How would you like to go to work and not get paid because of an unsatisfied customer? Thats what you are doing if you dont rate me for helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID rate you with an 'ok' and they will not charge me to tell me that.Goodbye
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

You need to rate me by selecting a 3 star or above!