Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have An LG dryer simliar to this one my senario is the

Customer Question

I have An LG dryer simliar to this one my senario is the lights are on the filter is clean my dryer does not turn...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Does the unit click when you press start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. all the lights light up and it is very quiet

Have you removed the top and checked the belt to see if it is broken?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything on the control panel is lit up and there are no sounds and the belt is fine

OK can you remove the front of the machine and check the lower burner thermostat, it is likely tripped.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the the limit switch which had a range of 40f to 260F and the other switch as well

The one on the very bottom of the burner housing itself correct, it is hard to see and has a reset button on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not see a resettable switch

Yes because that is the issue, it is located on the bottom of the burner housing and has a push button reset, trust me that is tripped.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need time to get home from work to check that please be patient....eric

Yes no problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the burner housing there are three temperature switch's none of them have a manual reset. all these switchs are closed. the dryer drum is not turning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two of them were replaced

Have you checked the belt switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This model does not have that micro switch (belt switch) on the motor...Is there any thing else that would keep the drum from turning....thanx please advise. eric

Have you checked the thermostat on the blower housing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I finally found the micro switch it checked out as good it was on the other side of the motor..... I'm calling out a repair man tomarrow...what do you want from me? thanks for your help.... Eric

OK just let me know what he finds also if you can please rate my assistance thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do

thanks