Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

Bosch shv46c03uc/14 dishwasher went dead at some point

Customer Question

bosch shv46c03uc/14 dishwasher went dead at some point before load completed, now no indication of any power coming to the panel. Power feed to the unit is hot. No Lights at all, no response from power button.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

You would need to replace the control board to fix this.

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I need the diagrams for the repair or directions as to where the part is, how to get to it.If you want to call me,(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, what is the part number?
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Part #: 488428 CLICK HERE for diagram and this would be #2 on the diagram.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie,
I opened up the unit, and found a complete short in the power junction box at the base of the unit. Both the white and green ground wires were completely fried. I rewired the unit, and it is working fine. There is no need to replace any parts. Let me know your thoughts.
Mike Meier(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

As long as you fixed the wiring you should be fine, just keep a check on it and replace the harness if need be.