Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair
11519491

I just cleaned my Scotsman DCE33 PA ice maker, and now it

Customer Question

I just cleaned my Scotsman DCE33 PA ice maker, and now it still makes ice. However, it seems to be making it very slowly. What is the root cause? What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your ice maker?

Has it been acting up at all prior to this particular event? Anything strange?

Ice build up pretty quickly and leaks inside etc?

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the age of my ice maker. I think it is likely about 8-10 years old. It has not been acting up. I just cleaned it using the Scotsman instructions for cleaning/descaling. It is making ice, but it is just doing it more slowly than before the cleaning. So, I cleaned it again following the instructions in case any of the mineral deposits clogged anything when they came loose from the first cleaning.I don't see any leaks.Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for that info.

This is one that may be either low on freon or need a new filter dyer in the copper line. That may be clogged. This is one of those times where you had to turn it off to notice the problem. The freon and the internal temp of the ice maker helped pretty constant until everything settled and then had to try restore the proper operating temp.

Also this is one that really needs an internal cleaning to improve its performance and prevent problems further.

So you will need a service tech to check this out for you and make the needed repair and do a cleaning for you. I wish the news was better but that will get the unit functioning quicker for you;-)

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful evening.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael, I have family in town this weekend, so I will not be able to follow up on your answer until next week. I'd like to keep this question open until I try your suggestions.Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark, thats fine, simply rate my service at this time, that will keep you and I locked in until we have this all done.

There is no cost to you to rate kindly;-)

Then you can simply reply to me when you are ready at no additional cost and I will reply.

Enjoy your family time!

Thanks

Tech Michael

Hi Mark, I see that haven't rated as of yet, please do so to prevent your question from closing or timing out.

Thanks Mark, then you can reach me when you are ready to work further.

There is no cost for you to rate kindly.

Thank Mark and have a great weekend.

Tech Mike