Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

When hard pack switch is turned on, the compactor will only

Customer Question

When hard pack switch is turned on, the compactor will only run while you hold the foot pedal up in the start position. If you continue to hold it up it will go all the way down, compact and return to the top and it doesn't stop there. It continues until the ram comes off of the drive screws and bump, bump, bump sound.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

That is typically a bad directions switch, you should check and replace number #16 at this link...CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already changed that switch. But the hard pack still will not work. See original question which was After changing the limit switch out up top.

The only other thing it could be is the pedal switch, they have redesigned it for issues such as yours, it is completely different and you step on it instead of hold up on it with your foot.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not the foot switch or it wouldn't work when the hard pack switch is Off, right?

The hard pack switch could be broken all that does is stop the motor from reversing. I would still update the foot switch kit though.