Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Bosch 500 washer that has a spin isssue, it will

Customer Question

I have a Bosch 500 washer that has a spin isssue, it will not spin all the water out at times. it doesn't have a spin cycle. I was told there is a code you can put in it and make it spin , is this true?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is no code to spin, there is a diagnostics routine that you can initiate but we need to determine why it will not spin. I suspect either it is not draining out and the pressure switch is not allowing the spin or the pressure switch "thinks" it is not draining out. Does it seem to be draining well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this only happens if I put light weight items with heavy or with my sheets, I am not able to wring the items out by hand. Some time I start it on a short cycle and it still want spin. If I could get the machine to spin out that would be the answer. This gets tiring for me.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You need to do full loads with similar weight fabrics or the tub will draw a wide range of current when the heavy clothes are on one side and light on the other, making the control think it is unbalanced. It measures the current draw of the motor as the tub turns to determine if it is in balance. This machine is not able to do small loads (like sheets only) and counts on full loads to maintain the balance required to spin at > 1,000 RPM.