kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

I was changering the puch to start button and one of the

Customer Question

i was changering the puch to start button and one of the wires from the switch toutched the frame,, a little bit of spark accurad,, now the dryer wont start, whats my problum?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. More than likely if youre lucky, all you did was trip the breaker. Go find your breaker box and locate the dryer fuse (it will be a 220V fuse not 110) and flip it off and on then check the dryer. Report back what you found.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did that,, but it still doesnt work,,,
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Verify you are getting 220 volts to the terminal block of the dryer. If youre not sure where its located, unplug the washer and follow the cord to the dryer, you will have to remove the metal plate and you will see a series of wires. The terminal block essentially acts as a median for your power cord and the wires that go into the dryer. Take a flashlight and make sure all the wires are connected and none are burnt out. Then plug in the dryer and check for 220 volts at that block. If you have the voltage at the block you may want to check the door switch, make sure theres 120v going to the door switch. Report back what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok,, i'll ck that tomorrow,, it's getting late here.. how do i get back to you tomorrow?
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Come back to here and message me, ill get the message.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok,, great,,, thanks
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome