Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Miele dishwasher does not shut off. Motor keeps running

Customer Question

My Miele dishwasher does not shut off. Motor keeps running and the only way to shut it is to shut the breaker
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like your dishwasher may be in flood mode if it's running drain all the time. You can add some water into the tub manually and if it drains out and doesn't wash with the water, then you know it's in flood mode. You'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it on it's back. Remove the screws in each corner holding the bottom access panel down. From that point you can pull the bottom access panel off and dry up all the water in the bas pan that is causing the flood condition. Now while you have the bottom off, look for a source of a leak because if the dishwasher is doing nothing but draining, there should be water in the bottom coming from somewhere causing the flood mode to occur.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.