Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore Elite Refrigerator 596.73503200 leaking. I have

Customer Question

Kenmore Elite Refrigerator 596.73503200 leaking. I have turned off water line to fridge but water is still leaking out underneath fridge onto floor. I took back panel off, there was a lot of lint and debris. Cleaned up drip pan as best I could and then cycled defrost. Everything looked good, could see drip pan filling with water but just checked front of fridge and water is leaking onto floor. It appears to be leaking in the one spot I can't see behind the compressor. I really am not handy and have no idea what to do next. I'm a single "broke" mom and have to figure this out myself. Thank you!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is a well known issue for your model and a pain in the butt to change. The problem is that your drip pan is cracked. There is a very long narrow section that goes behind the compressor and it cracks causing water to drip onto the floor. Below is a link too the pan you'll need to order and replace for your model. You'll need to remove the condenser fan motor and bracket to pull the old pan out and even then it's still very tight.

CLICK HERE for pan

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.