Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Tyler, I can't see any screws in the sheetmetal. I would

Customer Question

Hi Tyler,
I can't see any screws in the sheetmetal. I would have to remove the countertop and the cabinets to get to this dishdrawer. I can't believe I bought that latch assembly and now can't replace it. Do you know how to remove the rails to remove the broken latch? The dishdrawer won't stay closed so it won't run, unless I stand there and hold it closed. Grr. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The manual is attached to help you with replacing the latch. The drawer will need to come out to access.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. I have the manual. It's available from a google search. I'm asking how in the world do you remove the dishwasher from under the counter when the screws aren't visible in the sheet metal. If I can't pull it out without removing the counter top and cabs, then how do i remove the side rails so I can replace the broken latch assembly (which is removed from the back of the dishwasher and my initial problem). Again, can't find any screws from inside to remove the side rails.Thanks again,
Kerry
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You don't remove the rails, the drawer pulls out to allow access to the inside of the dishwasher. Once the drawer is out, you will have no need to remove the rails.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually since the latch assembly is installed from the rear of the dishwasher only, you have to either remove the rails (the latches attach to the back of the rails) or pull out the whole unit and work from the back of it. Others say to unscrew the sheet metal to get the DW out, but I don't even see any screws.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You can't get to the latch from the outside of the machine. The cabinet is solid. See page 43 in the service manual, attached below.