Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We had a bad storm about a week ago and the electric came

Customer Question

We had a bad storm about a week ago and the electric came off and on several times. My dryer will not turn on now. it's the light on the left that will not come on. I checked the breaker and that was not the problem. The dial light and the light on the right come on but not the left one. How can I resolve this problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Open the door and look on the frame edge for the model number tag, if you do not see it there look on the top back edge of the console for it, please post that back to me thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MEDB200VQ0 serM049334576

Based on what is happening you have a damaged main control on the unit. The power outage typically will surge and damage the main control board leaving you with what you are experiencing. Now if the outage was bad enough it could have damaged both boards as they are always powered, but typically just part #6 at this link is the bad one when that happens. CLICK HERE

I would suggest ordering them from REPAIRCLINIC.COM as they come with a 1 year full return policy on any installed part.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks