Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

After opening the door to my subzero and then closing it we

Customer Question

After opening the door to my subzero and then closing it we cannot open again for at least 20-30 seconds. The coils have been vacuumed and the inside is clean. What else can we do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

That is fairly normal with all Subzero units, they pull a vacuum on the door if the seals are all good and it is difficult to open them right away after closing, that is normal for these units and shows the seals are good.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that the seals are good but the length of time to reopen is getting longer and longer. Not normal

That sounds normal though..go to this link and check everything, but 20-30 seconds is within normal range.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That answer isn't satisfactory. The door stays closed for longer than 45-50 secs

Ok first you stated 20-30 seconds, now you stated 45-50 seconds, I supplied you with the link right from Sub Zero and you can see for yourself what to check, take care as you have the answer but just are refusing to believe it as you want it to open right away after closing it. I have been working on them for 20+ years and the site link and I are correct, just call them if you doubt the link as you doubt both right now.Take care

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The defrost drain hole is designed to allow the pressure change to not be so great that it is near impossible to open the doors. There will be a natural vacuum but it should be able to be overcome. The defrost drain may be getting plugged and not allowing the air pressure to equalize as quickly as it should be. Have you seen any water leaking in the cabinet?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?