kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

Oven door locked - oven was on at 325 degrees. Just locked.

Customer Question

Oven door locked - oven was on at 325 degrees. Just locked. How can I open it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be helping you today. The first thing I would try is flip the breaker off for 2-3 minutes. Doing so may reset the latch motor. The next thing to try is to get a stiff piece of cardboard and put it between the door and frame. Start on the right of the middle and slide the cardboard to the left until you engage the lock. Push the lock over and the door will open. You may need to push in slightly on the door while you engage the lock with the cardboard. The second way is with a metal coat hanger. Put a small loop in one end and put it between the frame and door. Again to the right of the middle. Slide it to the left until you engage the lock and pull on the lock. You again may have to slightly push in on the door