Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Oven door locked - oven was on at 325 degrees. Just locked.

Customer Question

Oven door locked - oven was on at 325 degrees. Just locked. How can I open it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

You can try to set it to the clean cycle and then cancel it. If that does not work you will have to manually open the door. You likely have a bad latch motor. Get a piece of flexible plastic or metal and slip it between the door and the frame. Slide it starting from the far RIGHT of the door to the LEFT. You will hit the door latch hook and then keep pushing to the left and the door will open. Once open you can then replace the latch on the unit. That is about all you can do when that happens on your unit or call a tech out.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks