Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Microwave oven CVM2072SM3SS - Should the heavy plastic

Customer Question

Microwave oven CVM2072SM3SS - Should the heavy plastic sleeve be removed from the handle of this appliance? My oven is two years old and until recently I did not even realize a sleeve was there. It has just started to peel. It is difficult to remove and seems to leave a sticky residue so I am not sure in which direction to go - remove it completely or tape it so it does not peel any more. Yes I did remove the protective coating from the doors of the oven when it was installed.
I hope this question does not seem too silly. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That plastic sleeve is just there for shipping so the handle does not get scratched. If it's been on for 2 years, it'll be difficult to remove and the adhesive will not want to come off, but that is supposed to be removed. Remove it and then use soap and water and try to get the residue off. It'll come off but it takes time. You don't want to use something to abrasive or it can scratch the stainless steel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.