Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I used instructions from a previous customer to get the door

Customer Question

Hello, I used instructions from a previous customer to get the door to my Sharp Carousel Microwave R-1450 open, ordered the part and would like to know how to replace the open lever that is broken. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Do you have the outer shroud off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have the vent hood off and the control panel undone

OK you should be able to do it from there, do you have the new part? Or are you having an issue getting it in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the new part

CLICK HERE watch this and see if that helps you out let me know if not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at that video it is to replace a door latch I need to replace the open lever inside the control panel door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any additional instructions? The video did not help

Can you tell me which part you are having difficulty with or upload some pics of what you are seeing so I can try and guide you through this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New part-2nd pic. Broken part

Ok your second image was really blurry, but that should just snap in place with the two pegs. Are the two holes that it would go into part of the metal frame?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you not have a solution for me? It has been almost an hour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not even complete the conversation. How do I get a refund?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a metal tab that is bent to prevent the lever from sliding out of the holding holes. Bend that tab up and slide the old lever out and install the new lever and bend the tab back in place to keep the new latch from sliding out.