Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have Fridgidaire Model #253.17802410 bought April 2015

Customer Question

I have Fridgidaire Model #253.17802410 bought April 2015 new; it just flipped into demo mode and thawed everything. do I have to wait for service tomorrow, or can you help me get it out of Demo mode?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This freezer doesn't have a demo mode---why do you think it's in demo mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DEMO is a single word showing bottom right corner of the screen, so just my assumption, since it operates at whatever setting I set now, including Express freeze, then shuts off. It was brought to my home in demo mode, the tech showed me how to get out of that, but was not ever supposed to revert to that. It is plugged into a surge protector then into wall. Don't know how it reverted to Demo, or just shuts off on its own? Thanks!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hmm well that definitely does sound like it went into a Demo mode but the service and owner's manual say nothing about this mode so I'll have to opt out since it's not listed on this model number. If someone else knows how to exit they will pick the question up where we left off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK hope to hear today if possible. Thanks.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, have you tried to cycle the power off for 1 full minute and turn it back on?