Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a kenmore HE2 plus. Model 4753. Door won't open and

Customer Question

Have a kenmore HE2 plus. Model 4753. Door won't open and washer won't run. How can I manually unlock door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

To unlock the door, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.

As for the door not opening, either the door latch is failing or the washer isn't draining which prevents the door from unlocking. If the tub is still full of water, then check the drain. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

If the tub isn't full of water and the washer didn't reset when you manually unlocked the door, just replace the door latch assembly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.