Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE refrigerator I had to change the ice maker on,

Customer Question

I have a GE refrigerator I had to change the ice maker on, while doing so I ran into a water problem behind the fan housing so had to pull it out. While repairing that problem I found two wires hanging loose that have what appears to be temperature bulbs on them. Do these wires just hang loose or should they be attached to something ? Maybe I pulled them loose when I took the fan housing loose but I don't think so. The refrigerator is a side by side model # ***** WW Can you help?? Thanks Bill Green
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

These wires do not hang loose. The sensing bulb is supposed to clip onto the silver evaporator below the fan so that it can sense the temperature of the frosty evaporator. If you don't have a clip anymore, you'll want to wrap a wire around it or something like that.