Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My gas dryer won't start. We had a power outage the day

Customer Question

My gas dryer won't start. We had a power outage the day before. All bell and whistles work but the time clock. Digital. I push start and it just dings.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

When you press start and the dryer dings, can you tell me how many times it dings? Just once? or 3 times quickly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK, then that means your door switch is at least working, and does the timer still count down like normal if you watch the display for a few minutes even though the dryer isn't running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, The time never shows up, sometimes it shows ---
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The very first time I tried to start the dryer after the power outage, it requested I check the lint screen. I did and it was clean.The request has never appeared again.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so unfortunately your control board has just shorted out from the power outage and the control board would need to be replaced. You'll need to order and replace part number W10111620 to fix the issue which is your main control board inside the control panel of your dryer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** to have an expert opinion before changing parts.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and I'm sorry about the bad news however.