Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How do I remove the electric motor from a Kenmore stackable

Customer Question

How do I remove the electric motor from a Kenmore stackable W/D Mod #41794712400
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Which motor are you trying to remove?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dryer motor

OK you need to remove the top of the unit, there are about 8 perimeter screws on the top panel. Then remove the middle panel between the machines. Remove the screws behind that panel there are quite a few to separate the tin panel. Then remove the 2 black screws on the bottom corners of the plastic trim. That will drop down and rotate off. Once that is off remove the two corner screws on the bottom edges of the main front housing. Then unplug the 2 wire modular plug to the door switch. Also remove the 2 on the top corners and the panel will pull off, it is on lock tabs. Now you will be left with the tub, remove the belt from the pulley and then get on a ladder or something to grab the very top back edge of the tub and lift it straight up out of the rear socket and pull the tub out of the unit. Then you can get the motor out. You need to unscrew the blower wheel from the motor and remove the two locking tabs to get the motor to lift up and back out of the unit. Often the blower wheel gets stuck on the motor shaft and you often need to replace that as well when doing this job.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide a detailed cut sheet on this model?

Cut Sheet? Not sure what that is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a visual break down of the system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like a schematic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I have this already, not sufficient.It needs to show the system components and how they connect to one another. Like a Barbie car detailed assembly instruction sheet.

No such sheet exists for that unit, I provided the exact instructions you requested in your original question. It sounds like you need a tech to do the job. Take care

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx.

If you would like I can send you the entire service manual for the unit, that would be about the best you can get with pictures and everything. Let me know if you want it, if you do just rate my service 5 stars and I will send the link for you.