Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a 3yr old Whirlpool refrigerator/bottom freezer which

Customer Question

I have a 3yr old Whirlpool refrigerator/bottom freezer which is leaking water from the freezer. NO water hook-up for ice cubes/ Waht is going on? My wood floor is warpping now.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

You have a clogged up defrost drain line on the unit. You need to remove the drawer on the unit and the back panel in the freezer and clear out the defrost drain line on the unit. Here is a video for reference to help you repair this issue.

CLICK HERE

Note a company charges about $200 to do this job if you can not perform the repair yourself.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks