Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler! I have a maytag centennial washer that keeps cycling

Customer Question

Hi Tyler! I have a maytag centennial washer that keeps cycling and goes thru each step and doesn't shut off. Lol! Clothes are not that dirty! What to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

At least you have a sense of humor about it. You may not after I tell you what's wrong and needs to be done to fix the issue I'm afraid. The only thing that can cause the washer to keep cycling and never shutting off is the timer control itself. That's the main control inside the control panel behind the large knob that you turn to select that cycle. You'd need to replace the timer to fix the issue and the part is usually about $100-150 or so. You'll need the model number to look up the correct part and that is located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges. It's tucked up underneath the lid but not on the lid itself so it's difficult to see.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow, I certainly hope that's all it is...I will have to see if it is, if so and you've corrected the problem, I'll happily post your link to my FB page as I have over 3,000 friends...thank you...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sensing in progress green lite still blinks even when lid is open..as the clothes finished spinning, I had to unplug appliance to get lid to unlock, took clothes out and plugged back in...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, that's the only thing it can be if it just keeps running forever.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** get back to you and let you know if that was it....
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK good luck. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?