Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a microwave/oven combo. Randomly and frequently, the

Customer Question

I have a microwave/oven combo. Randomly and frequently, the probe light comes on and it blinks and makes a noise. It becomes so annoying that I have to turn the breaker power off in order to get it to stop.
Sometimes this works for a while after I turn it back on. There is usually the probe light picture on.
Also, sometimes after I turn the oven on, it will just turn off. This happens when I first turn it on. Not later while I am cooking for a period of time. I then just turn it back on and so far it stays on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Often the probe socket goes bad on those units and the board thinks the probe has been inserted into the socket, but since it is not it errors due to no reading from the probe. If you have the probe often just sticking it in and out of the probe socket a few times can clear this up, otherwise just replace the probe socket on the unit. It is part #13 at this link...

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks