Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The left side door to my refrigerator drops down when opened

Customer Question

The left side door to my refrigerator drops down when opened or closed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there isn't much that can cause the door to drop down other than the BOTTOM hinge or the door itself. What you'll want to do is open the door and look at the bottom hinge to see if it's bent or what is going on with it exactly. On a few occasions, I've had to get plastic washers to go around the door hinge pin which sits under the door to use as a spacer like a metal washer--only you don't want to use metal or it will eventually just keep rubbing on the hinge and start making noise. If the door itself is damaged, there is nothing you can do but replace the entire door since no parts for the door are sold separately other than the dispenser and handle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?