Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have an amana big oven & I overheated something in the

Customer Question

Hello I have an amana big oven & I overheated something in the oven. The oven is extremely hot & not turning off. It is showing an F1-1 message. How can I shut oven off & return to normal?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave, The F1 code is a control failure. Please turn off the breaker to the stove and wait until it cools. If the code reappears you will need to replace the electronic control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where would I find the breaker to the stove?

There is no breaker in the stove. The oven breaker in the house breaker box must be turned off. It should be a 40 amp or larger breaker. Could be in your garage or basement or almost anywhere.

Were you able to turn off power to the stove? If you still have the same problem let me know and I will get you the part number and price for the control.