Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Kitchenaid icemaker KUIC15PLXS 2 and the drain pump

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid icemaker KUIC15PLXS 2 and the drain pump was replaced 8 months ago. Last week the clean light came on and I pressed it. It drained all the water and shut off ice production. Now it will not get cold and produce Ice.
The pump appears to be working, water flows and when I press the max ice and can button upon turning it on, the system seems to cycle well. any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I heard the compressor kick on when it cycled. Is there a sensor that may be keeping the compressor from turing on?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay inreplying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to have someone call me at 6:00 PM Eastern standard time so that I can problem solve while I'm at the appliance?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

do you hear the compressor running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry I am not around then. If you like I can opt out and someone else can pick up the question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's fine. I don't hear the compressor running. When I turn the unit on and press the two outer buttons and hold them in, I hear the compressor kick on as part of the cycling process. I feel like it's some sort of sensor. It just doesn't make sense that the compressor was kick on during the test cycle but doesn't kick on when I am trying to get it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

OK, I just looked and I dont have the tech sheets for this exact model.

So, i have put a call out for them

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine, I'll give it a day or so for response. Thank you.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question .

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Your unit has two drain pumps ,which one was replaced the reservoir pump inside or the auxiliary drain pump outside under the unit?

And when the clean light came on did you just press clean and it shut off or did you turn the unit to OFF then press the clean button?