kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

LG WM2301HW is making a loud noise at the start of any cyle

Customer Question

Hi Larry!! LG WM2301HW is making a loud noise at the start of any cyle and the drum wont turn.. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. The issue more than likely is the rotor assembly. What happens is the rotor has grooves that fit into the spline of the drum. What I want you to do is pull the washing machine out of the wall about 3 feet or so till you have enough room to remove the back door. There is a trap door behind the unit that is held in by a few phillips screws. After you take that off there is the stator, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b200p11/LG-Washing-Machine-Rotor-Assembly/4413ER1003B/1519486?modelNumber=WM2301HW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b200d866263&mr=1

If you go to the link that is the likely culprit. Take off that stator, you will need a socket wrench and inspect the inside grooves. They used to make them out of plastic and they always break. New ones are made of metal which has since resolved this issue. You cannot replace just the middle piece even though it looks as if it can be replaced, they dont have that part.

Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

This video will show you how to replace that part,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cZXR48Kpd8

If that part isn't bad, message me here and we will continue to the next step.