Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a u line 1175-re-00 refrigerator with an E-5 error

Customer Question

We have a u line 1175-re-00 refrigerator with an E-5 error message. Need help !
Thanks
Robert Wotzak
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

The E5 code stands for a thermistor is been above a set point for more than 24 hours. If the unit is cooling you could just have a bad thermister. If not either the compressor is not running the unit is out of freon or there is a control issue on it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks