Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a basement stackable washer and dryer. When my washer

Customer Question

I have a basement stackable washer and dryer. When my washer goes into spin cycle to empty its water, water will come up through the drain in the basement. It's not a lot of water but I don't like a wet basement. What should I do?
Wet Basement
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is not an issue with your washer, it's an issue with the drain in your house or going out your house. You can try to snake the line out after the drain in your house if you know how to do that, otherwise you'll need to call a plumber out (not an appliance technician) to clean out your drain or get video of your drain to see what the problem is.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem, but this question is still open since you have not rated it yet. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.