Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Model DM262LBX stopped running, food spoiled. Horrible smell

Customer Question

Model DM262LBX stopped running, food spoiled. Horrible smell has permeated plastic accessories and refrigerator walls. How can we eliminate smell.
We are new owners in RV world. Salesman advised that due to advances in technology you no longer had to obsess over keeping RV level for referigator. Still we have leveled when RVing. However, at home did not and left refrigerator running on electric. How can I tell if unit is a loss and/or what steps can be taken to purge system and recharge it, if even possible?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Does the unit cool at all?